DCDC has updated its Family Pandemic Policy to reflect current changes to the PA DOH’s Updated Quarantine Recommendations for Persons Exposed to COVID-19. The updated information in the document contains links to PA DOH’s full health alert. Below is the relevant information for families, as applicable from the 12/4/20 Health Alert:
DOH is providing options to shorten quarantine for contacts of persons with SARS-CoV-2
infection. The most protective recommended quarantine period remains at 14 days post
Quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing if no symptoms have been reported during
• When testing resources are sufficient, quarantine can end after day 7 if a diagnostic
specimen (e.g., RT-PCR, antigen) tests negative and is collected on day 5 or thereafter and
the person remains asymptomatic.
• Quarantine may not be further shortened beyond the end of day 7.
• Testing of symptomatic persons seeking evaluation for infection must be prioritized over
testing for early discontinuation of quarantine.
• These updated recommendations are for the community at large and do not apply to
• If you have questions about this guidance, please call your local health department or 1-
The full Family Pandemic Policy can be found here: DCDC Family Pandemic Policy V.7